8-Week Mindfulness Programmes
for Improved Wellbeing in 2017
If you are approaching mindfulness to manage stress, anxiety, low moods, anger, pain - or simply to learn how to appreciate and love life in a new way to achieve improved wellbeing - then you are exactly where you are meant to be!
This 8-week course is based on the Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy course which is delivered in clinical settings such as the NHS to treat depression and the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn in the US to treat chronic pain. In these weekly 2-hour sessions you will learn mindful meditations and practices which you can bring into your normal daily routines.
Current research indicates that your mind is likely to wander every 6-8 seconds, which is more than believable given the busy lives most of you will lead. In these 'wanderings' your mind can become consumed by negative thoughts, ruminating over the past or worrying over the future.
This course will teach you how to let go of those negative thoughts, those that can so easily spiral out of control. You will also learn another approach of how you can be with your thoughts, sensing and noticing them with a different perspective and new appreciation.
With practice, Mindfulness teaches you how to appreciate and live in the present moment. Mindfulness is state of being rather than something you do. It provides you with a new way to pay attention to your life. Many of my previous clients have reported that they now appreciate the highs and lows of life in a completely different way - with more gratitude, appreciation, patience and compassion.
You will need to be committed and prepared for some daily practices to support your learning. It's nothing intellectual or taxing on the brain but does take some practice. But with practice can come some profound changes in your life.
I look forward to meeting you and sharing these wonderful practices with you. Please see the dates available and further information below.
The 8-week evening course will run every Thursday between 7pm and 9pm on the following dates:
- 20th April
- 27th April
- 4th May
- 11th May
- 18th May
- 25th May
- Break for half-term on 1st June
- 8th June
- 15th June
It will be run from:
The Centre of Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
14 Rectory Road
Berkshire RG40 1DH
The 8-week daytime course will run every Monday between 10am and 12 noon on the following dates:
- 25th September
- 2nd October
- 9th October
- 16th October
- Break for half-term on 23rd October
- 30th October
- 6th November
- 13th November
- 20th November
It will be run from:
The Bradbury Community Centre
Wokingham Methodist Church
Berkshire RG40 1XS
Have a question?
I am interested to know more or want to book a place on one of those courses?
- Please contact me on 07786 080128 or email email@example.com
- Let's have a chat for you to ask any questions and make sure this the right course for you
- And if so, we can get you booked on!
I am not able to attend on the dates you are running the courses?
- If the timing doesn't work, you may prefer a one to one mindfulness coaching programme. This would come at an increased cost but would be more bespoke to your needs. If interested feel free to contact me to find out more
- I am also able to recommend other local practitioners if you would still prefer a group setting
What is the cost and what happens if I change my mind?
- The cost of the full programme is £200
- This prices includes audio files and weekly handouts
- You can cancel your place with a full refund up to 4 weeks before the start of the course
- After that, you may transfer your place to a new participant if you are no longer able to attend
Teaching with ethics and integrity
- Having introduced mindfulness to a number of my life and executive coaching clients resulting in some great outcomes, I am really excited to now be qualified to teach mindfulness in group settings
- I recently trained with Dr. Patrizia Collard and Helen Stephenson and am committed to my continued professional development
- I am teaching under supervision and abide by the UK Good Practice Guideline for Mindfulness-Based Teaching
- Committed to my own daily mindfulness practices for the past 4 years, mindfulness is integral to my life
If you have a question that hasn't been answered then I would love to hear from you. Give me a call on 07786 080128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org